What’s different about 2018 Lil' Prayer Buddies?
Watch Vivian on YouTube as she introduces the new Louie the Lamb.
2018 Lil' Prayer Buddies are just the same as their previous counterparts... only better!
- Instead of pressing a paw, you hug your Buddy's belly to start/stop prayers. Cute, right?
- Most pre-2018 Lil’ Prayer Buddies couldn’t go in the wash, because they had internal wiring. Take out the sound box in our latest Buddy style, and toss the fabric body in the washer/dryer.
- The new Buddies take slightly different batteries (LR54 batteries).
- The sound box is completely different, including an ON/OFF switch that lets you turn his voice off completely if your child is praying too often. (Just kidding!)
What is new about the removable sound box (beginning March 2018)?
- Well…. It’s removable. It is no longer connected to the plush body with wires. Adults can take it out to launder the plush body, or just because.
- It’s a squeeze-style module, so now your child can just give a gentle hug to start and stop prayers.
- It features an ON/OFF override switch, so it can be turned off completely.
- It runs on 3 LR 54 (Ag10/LR1130) batteries.
- Louie in particular recites his prayers with a new voice.
Whose voices say the prayers and sing the hymns in your stuffed animals?
This is a family company owned by Steve and Joni Abdalla, and our children recite the prayers and sing the songs in Lil’ Prayer Buddies. We know… talented, right? The newest Louie the Lamb (March 2018) debuts 8-year-old Stephen’s voice.
What if the sound stops working on my Lil’ Prayer Buddy?
We’re sorry. Let’s get him back in the habit of daily prayer! Here’s how:
- I have a “squeeze-belly” style Lil’ Prayer Buddy that stopped working.
- Unscrew the battery compartment of the sound box with a small (PH0) phillips-head screwdriver. Make sure the batteries are contacting completely and that the metal is clean. (Caution: Do not wipe off corrosion with your bare hand.)
- Try replacing the LR1130 batteries.
- No dice?
- We stand behind our products. Email us or call us at (877) 933-2587 ext. 100. Let us know where you purchased your Buddy and what the problem is so that we can fix it.
- I have a “press the paw” style Lil’ Prayer Buddy that stopped working.
- Unscrew the battery compartment on the sound box with a small (PH0) phillips-head screwdriver. Make sure the batteries are contacting completely and that the metal is clean. (Caution: Do not wipe off corrosion with your bare hand.)
- Try replacing the LR44 batteries.
- No dice? We stand behind our products. Email us or call us at (877) 933-2587 ext. 100. Let us know where you purchased your Buddy and what the problem is so that we can fix it.
Where can I buy replacement batteries? Why is the numbering system so darn confusing?
We know, right? So confusing. The batteries in Lil’ Prayer Buddies are button cell batteries, like watch and hearing aid batteries, and they are easily available. Your local pharmacy will probably offer a random selection that includes every size but the one you are seeking, so if Murphy’s Law happens to you, go to a battery store or shop online instead. Average price (as of March 2018) is about 35¢ per battery.
- Our disc-shaped sound box takes three LR1130 (Ag10/LR54) 1.5V alkaline batteries.
- Our rectangular, wired sound boxes take three LR44 (Ag13/L1154) 1.5V alkaline batteries
How do I change the batteries on the disc-shaped Lil’ Prayer Buddy sound box?
- Obtain 3 LR1130 (LR54/Ag10) button-cell batteries from a battery store or online reseller.
- Move the black switch on the sound module to the OFF position.
- Open the battery compartment by removing the single screw from the triangular battery cover with a PH0 (really small phillips-head) screwdriver.
- Remove the used batteries. Place the new batteries in with their markings facing up.
- Replace the triangular battery cover and tighten the screw.
- Turn the black switch to the ON position and squeeze to start the sound.
I am worried about letting my baby play with an electronic product.
You’re the parent, and you know what is best for your baby. While all of our toys meet or exceed all required safety testing for their respective age ranges (as labelled), we want you to feel completely comfortable. If you feel your child is not ready for the sound feature, remove it completely from the animal.
- Open the velcro pocket.
- Disc-shaped sound boxes can simply be removed.
- If the sound box is wired in, squeeze the small, square plastic connector clip and remove the rectangular battery compartment from the plush. When your child is ready for it, snap it back into place. Then, carefully re-secure the velcro pocket.
Never let a baby—especially one under 12 months old—play with any stuffed animal unattended. We like this article from BabyCenter.
The voice is too loud. How do I turn down the volume?
Is your child’s buddy talking your ear off? Here are some Lil’ Prayer Buddy pro tips:
- Put scotch tape over the speaker.
- Make sure the speaker holes in the sound box are facing inward (toward the animal’s imaginary backbone), which will muffle the sound further.
- Put some distance between you and the Lil' Prayer Buddy. Preferred method: Call the babysitter and go on a date night with your spouse!