Toy Design and Development Manager
Who we are:
At Wee Believers (a family-owned company based in Fishers, IN), we foster faith through play with a variety of milestone gifts and toys for kids age 0-8+. We’re best known for our line of Lil’ Prayer Buddies: whimsical and colorful plush creatures who comfort and console, while teaching treasured hymns, prayers and Scripture verses. We love our mission: to help children to grow in virtue and to build character--all while having fun.
Who You Are:
You’re a fun, motivated, energetic and experienced Project Designer with a strong Industrial/Toy Design background. You’re a natural born leader who communicates naturally and easily. You thrive working with a small, close-knit team. You love our mission of engaging faith through play, and you want to help mature our baby ideas into wholesome, high-quality toys that kids and parents will love.
- Set strategic goals for the design team
- Lead the design team in generating new toy concepts
- Oversee and shepherd designs from brainstorming, concept refinement and prototyping, all the way through to final production
- Harmonize innovation and creativity with cost, quality, timeline and marketing goals
- Provide design direction and support to product designers
- Travel to Asia on routine basis to interface with factories in coordination with our overseas sourcing agents
- Communicate daily with our international prototyping and production partners to keep prototyping and production on track
Skills & Experience.
- Thorough knowledge of toy manufacturing processes, most importantly textiles/fabrics, plush sewing and construction and basic electrical components
- Knowledge of the Christian faith to keep our brand on-mission and respond to the needs and wants of our customers
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop and Illustrator minimally
- Great communicator
- Able to work both autonomously and in a small team environment
- Experienced and effective project and people manager
- Knowledge of 3D modeling a plus
- BS/BA degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design or equivalent
- 5-8 Years Professional Experience preferred
Send cover letter, resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure portfolio includes details of your personal contributions to the designs and products you show.